Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Friday 6 December 2013

Fashion

Speaking of fashion with that 50s look in MOJO, see post below - here is a photo I liked from the Sunday supplements: Bryan Ferry in 1975 as shot by John Varvatos for the book ROCK IN FASHION, Bryan here is as iconic in the '70s as Terry Stamp or David Hemmings in the '60s. 
I just love the suit and that casually rumpled look. It reminds me of my own favourite suit, then, an airforce blue gaberdine which fitted me like a glove. I was once at a party circa 1972, wearing it with a pair of white sneakers - it was a look that worked! . Below, me wearing the suit jacket, at Kenwood House, Hampstead, so '70s.

My later favourite look was that Schott navy blue combat trousers with all the pockets ... my 'disco pants' look, which went well with those Caterpillar boots. Very '90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment