Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Saturday 27 July 2013

Why gay marriage counts ....

I have to quote a nice item, by Oliver Wright, from today's INDEPENDENT newspaper, from an interview with MP Ed Fordham, on his forthcoming marriage to his partner of 15 years, Russell:

"I'm a family historian and I want our marriage recognised in records.
I don't want family members to say that was Uncle Ed and that bloke who lived with him.
I want them to say that that was Uncle Ed and Uncle Russell."

There is also of course the need to be seen as the partner and principal carer when health problems intrude, as friends of mine in Hastings are (happily) finding out now.

In memory of Rory Steele (1960-1996),  Brighton and Portsmouth, 1985-1996. 

No comments:

Post a Comment