Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Thursday 1 June 2017

Marilyn's birthday

She would have been 91 today.   This little magazine from 1958 (I would have been 12) was really my first exposure to the Monroe myth - how vividly I remember that red swimsuit cover, and couldn't wait to get to see HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE and all the other MMs then .... 

Lots more MM at labels ...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike. Thanks for sharing your magazine. Some great photos there of Marilyn. Happy birthday and R.I.P to a legend. Hard to imagine her aged 91. She brought so much joy to others, yet sadly had so little in her own life. Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddy, great to hear from you. Well I am sure MM had her happy moments too .... its just a shame her life was so short, though the movies and the images and books etc go on for ever.

    ReplyDelete