Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Monday 12 September 2011

For a friend in Brazil ...




For a friend of mine in Brazil who mentioned that glamorous '50s actress Lisa Gastoni - here she is on the cover of a free booklet which was given away with "Top Spot" and "Picture Show" magazines back in 1959 - I was 13 and loved it, full of photos and drawings of stars of the day, I shall have to include some.
Plus some Films & Filming covers: Graham Faulkner in Zeffirelli's BROTHER SUN SISTER MOON (below) which I enjoyed a lot back in 1973 - its a perfect Zeffirelli movie combining emotion, sentiment, religion, beautiful people and opulent settings. Graham Faulkner is ideal as St Francis and Valentina Cortese as his mother and the other others are all very special. He certainly learned a lot from Visconti, plus the cover with Fellini's SATYRICON - how I spoil people!

1 comment:

  1. I have a " Graham Faulkner tattoo" on my back. I think he was physical resemblance with St. Francis of Assisi- based a book I read about him. In my oppinion Brother Sun Sister Moon is a nice movie.

    ReplyDelete