Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Showpeople (8): when we were young (2)




HAPPY CHRISTMAS !

(after the holidays:
Bergman's AUTUMN SONATA,
Nick Ray's PARTY GIRL for New Year,
the best of 2010 (new and discoveries),
I AM LOVE
and first looks at
UNCLE BOONMEE,
THE KING'S SPEECH
and
Mike Leigh's ANOTHER YEAR)

2 comments:

  1. What an attractive couple they made! I checked imdb to see if Horst and Romy had actually worked together, because I hadn't heard of them collaborating. It turns out they were in two German films together, Helmut Kautner's "Monpti" and "The Girl and the Legend" a costume film concerning Daniel Defoe. I don't imagine I'll ever be able to get hold of either, but it would be wonderful, if only for the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard of the German films but they are an unknown quality. A scene from Romy and Delon in the Visconti stage production of "Tis Pity She's A Whore" in Paris in '58 is on YouTube and should be easy to find.
    I have just acquired what may well be Romy's two worst (and rarest) films - 'Bloomfield' with Richard Harris in '71 and 'My Lover My Son' made in England in '69. Reports on those in due course !

    ReplyDelete