Dedications: My four late friends Rory, Stan, Bryan, Jeff - shine on you crazy diamonds, they would have blogged too. Then theres Garry from Brisbane, Franco in Milan, Mike now in S.F. / my '60s-'80s gang: Ned & Joseph in Ireland; in England: Frank, Des, Guy, Clive, Joe & Joe, Ian, Ivan, Nick, David, Les, Stewart, the 3 Michaels / Catriona, Sally, Monica, Jean, Ella, Anne, Candie / and now: Daryl in N.Y., Jerry, John, Colin, Martin and Donal.

Friday 26 March 2010

Some Antonioni items...

My 1962 pressbook release for L'ECLISSE in London (I had that cover framed), where Antonioni describes Vitti as a combination of Kay Kendall and Anna Magnani! (Click images twice to enlarge)
THE PASSENGER - My 1976 article, written when I was 30, for now defunct film magazine FILMS ILLUSTRATED. (click twice to enlarge) and the paperback edition.
Programmes for Antonioni retrospectives at London's National Film Theatre: 1990 and 2005, and Barbican 1993.
Some Antonioni titles including screenplays: - there is one 1962 Antonioni magazine that must be packed away in a box in the garage somewhere...its proving elusive to find!
My first Antonioni magazine back in 1962 when I was 16...

There is also my 'appreciation' on Monica on a separate post ....

No comments:

Post a Comment